Antong Hot Spring is located on the north bank of Antong River in Yuli Township, Hualien County. Natural hot spring was discovered in 1904 by a Japanese, who went up the mountain to gather camphor. In the middle of the Japanese occupation, the Government-General in Taiwan built a police hostel here and set up public baths, which gradually developed into a hot spring resort. In the post-war period, the private industry bought and operated it in 1974 and changed its name to Antong Hot Spring Hotel.
To this day, the building itself still retains part of the wooden bungalows that were built in the Japanese Occupation period. The Japanese sliding doors and tatami floors are well preserved. In 2014, the Executive Yuan Cultural and Construction Council announced it as an important historical building.