According to Yang Nanjun’s investigation, the Forestry Bureau has contracted locals to make charcoal from miscellaneous wood since 1959. Therefore, in the 1960s, there were many charcoal kilns on the Jianshuiying Historic Trail. At present, there is a ruin of a charcoal kiln below the historic trail located 550 meters north of the eastern edge of Chushuipuo mountain. The kiln is a circular structure with a diameter of about 4.8 meters, a rammed earth wall height of 2.1 meters, and a thickness of 0.8 meters. There is a kiln door and a small window hole for checking charcoal firing. After the charcoal kiln is filled with wood, the top and the kiln door are covered and sealed with clay. The rammed earth wall around the charcoal kiln is hardened due to high temperature.