In 1952, Taipower built Wanshantag next to the old Qilai Tai-power hut. Originally it was called "Qilai Temple" and was to remember those who died in the line of duty in the construction of the "East-West Power Transmission Line" since 1950. In the autumn of 1953, it was opened for worship. In 1980, a road was opened for the construction of the Papaya Creek Hydropower Project. Nenggao Traversing Trail and the original Qilai Tai-power hut were abandoned. Therefore, with donations from the engineers, the temple was relocated to the current site next to the Qilai Lodge. In the past, on the autumn equinox of September 23 every year, Wanshantang would hold sacrificial activities, and the line guards and supervisors who were related to this route would attend the event in person. In recent years, the road is no longer passable, so the Huadong Power Supply District Operation Office hold the autumn equinox festival at the office.
Qilai Lodge is located at 14.6K on the Qilai Tai-power maintenance road. It is also known as the maintenance center. It is a three-story building with reinforced concrete and each level has an area of around 150 square meters. Level one has a storeroom and diningroom, level two and three each has eight bedrooms, which can accommodate a total of 60 people. It is currently not open for use. Qilai Lodge was built in 1984 to accommodate transmission line maintenance personnels for maintaining the old east-west power transmission line, Taipower repaired the Nenggao Trail to use as the road for maintaining transmission lines and rebuilt the police posts that were left from the Japanese occupation into Tai-ower huts. Qilai Lodge was not rebuilt from a police post. In fact, Qilai police post is located 1 km east of Qilai lodge, near the Tianchang River. The Qilai police post was rebuilt as the Qilai Tai-power hut but was abandoned in 1980 when a road was opened for the construction of the Papaya Stream Hydropower Project.
This is a section of Tai-power maintenance road near the Qilai Tai-power hut. The Nenggao Traversing Trail from the Japanese occupation period became Taipower's maintenance road after the war. In order to send the remaining hydroelectric power generation in the east to the west, which was in urgent need of electricity, so as to develop Taiwan's economy, the old east-west transmission line was built in 1950. For the maintenance of transmission lines, Taipower rebuilt the police posts left from the Japanese occupation period as a Tai-power station. There are nine spots in total, namely Wushe, Lushan, Yunhai, Tianchi, Junlin, Qilai, Panshi, Longjian and Tongmen, that provide accommodations for transmission line maintenance personnel, and storage for emergency repair equipment. Nenggao Traversing Trail became the main road for Taipower to patrol the tower. At the end of 1970, Taipower planned the "Qilai Water Diversion Project" to develop the water power of Papaya Creek, and built underground water diversion tunnels and dams in the middle and upper reaches of Papaya Creek. For the convenience of the construction and improving the maintenance road, a road for automobiles were opened from Tongmen to Qilai, and built the Tianchang Tunnel on the Tianchang Cliff. After the road was completed, there were only 27 kilometers of Nenggao Traversing Trail left from Tunyuan to Wujiabeng Mountain.