Laiyi Village is located on the gently sloping land on the left bank of Linbian Creek, Laiyi Township, Pingtung County. It was formed in 1953 when people migrated out of the old Laiyi. Laiyishe or also called Neishe is the old hamlet during the Japanese colonial era. It was originally located on the left bank of the upper reaches of the Neishe River, at an altitude of 360-600 meters, forming two collective tribes. The large tribe in the southeast is called chajiakavus, a small tribe in the northwest is called chingasan, translated as Zhenya community. At that time, there was a police post set up there. In 1950, the national government asked people from the old Laiyi to move down the mountain. At that time, Ruvaniyav (Gao Wu'an), the leader of the old Laiyi, discussed with the elders and set aside the land of Ruvaniyav's family at the foot of the old Laiyi and distributed it equally to the tribe. The migration of the entire tribe was not completed until 1957. Later, due to the limited hinterland, the tribe expanded to the east, and was divided into two settlements, Tjanadjaqas (Eastern hamlet) and Vuta (Western hamlet), with Laiyi National Elementary School as the boundary line. In 2011, after the Morakot and Vannabi hurricanes, some residents of the original hamlet were successively resettled by the government and moved to the permanent housing base of the "Xinlaiyi Community" in Nan'an Farm, Xinpi Township, Pingtung County, forming a coexistence of the original hamlet and the new hamlet.
The Sjilevavav community belongs to the fifth and sixth alleys of Danlin Village, Laiyi Township, Pingtung County. Around 1956, with the encouragement of the government, the residents of this community moved in from the old Laiyi community. From 1973 to 1979, some residents moved here from Congyi Village and Yilin Village. In 1959, Sjilevavav and other four communities (Danlin, Yilin, Dahou, and Zhufalifo) merged into one Danlin Village. In 1962, Yilin community and Dahou community merged into Yilin Village. Since then, Danlin Village has only got three communities: Danlin, Sjilevavav, and Zhufalifo. Later, in order to promote community construction, Danlin Village was divided into two communities: Danlin Community and Sjievavav Community (including the Zhufalifo Tribe).
Yilin Hamlet is located on the gentle slope of the foothills where the Dahou River and Neishe River meet in Laiyi Township, Pingtung County. In the early post-war period, the Paiwan tribe of Laiyishe collectively relocated their village to a new area. However, due to limited space, some people migrated here, forming Yilin Hamlet. The traditional Paiwan name of the place is Chianashia.
Today, due to the Morakot disaster in 2009 and Typhoon Fanapi in 2010, which caused severe damages to Laiyi Township, some residents of the Yilin Hamlet have moved to live in the Xinlaiyi Hamlet in Xinpi Township, Pingtung County. However, since the Xinlaiyi hamlet consists of different tribes, it still belongs to Laiyi Township rather than Xinpi Township.
The Danlin Hamlet is located on the foothill platform on the right bank of Laiyi River, above the southeast side of the Danlin Suspension Bridge in Laiyi Township, Pingtung County. It is about 140 meters above sea level. In the early post-war period, the Paiwan tribe of the Danlin group moved here collectively. Later, some people from the Laiyi group and Taiwu group also migrated here. The traditional Paiwan name of this place is Boraberuwan, which is the name of a tree specie. In fact, the old tribe of Danlinshe is located on the slope of Mount Wuwei on the south side of the confluence of Neishe River and Dahou River. It is about 530 meters above sea level. During the Japanese occupation, 53 households with 168 people were under the jurisdiction of Laiyishe police post.