Jialaban hamlet, or qaljapang in the Paiwan language, is located on the river terrace next to the confluence of the Jialaban River and the Dawu River. The residents were mainly from the old Jialuoban settlement, and some were from the original Chachayadun settlement. When heading west from Dawu into the Jingshuiying Trail, Jialuoban is the last settlement. In the 1970s, the residents of Jialuoban used to grow citronella. At that time, the essential oil of citronella was exported, and the income was good. With the improvement of economic conditions, the residents rebuilt their houses. Therefore, almost all the residents of Jialuoban now live in brick houses. Presently, residents grow watermelons and gourds on sandy lands by Dawu and Jialaban Rivers.
Old Lili Village
Lili Hamlet (Lalekeleke) is located on a slope in the North-eastern side of Mount Lili, between 600 and 750 meters above sea level. The hamlet was composed of the large Kinajian tribe in the north and the small Contres tribe in the south. According to the survey conducted during the Japanese occupation, the Lili Hamlet has a large population of 261 households with 1,058 residents. A police post was set up above the large tribe. Later in 1914, after the Jinshuiying incident, the Governor-General in Taiwan moved the people, mainly Paiwan tribe, to Chachayadun and Guihuamen hamlets in batches to weaken their tribal power. In the post-war period, those who were still living in Lili Hamlet were moved to Qijia in 1959.