Ruiliang Village, in Ruisui Township, Hualien County, sits on the west bank of the confluence of Malangou Creek, Hongye Creek and Xiuguluan Creek. It is a flat sedimentary plain.

During the Qing period, the Feihu Army once camped here, and called it the Shuiwei Camp. Under the changes of policies from excavating mountains and managing indigenes to militia settlement, this place became Shuiwei village, which is the present Ruiliang village. Due to the tobacco industry immigration plan during the Japanese occupation, many immigrants began to move into Ruisui Village. In addition to planting tobacco leaves, sugarcane was still dominantly cultivated in the Linxi area. In the beginning of the post-war period, the southern part of the immigrant village was separated, and the new Ruiliang Village was established.



The formation of settlements in Ruisui Township, Hualien County, began during the Japanese occupation, when free immigration was encouraged. In 1926, Japanese tobacco farmers arrived in Ruibei Village to promote tobacco leaf cultivation. Government-run immigrants from other areas in the Karenko Prefecture (now Hualien County) were successively moved here to establish immigrant settlements specializing in tobacco leaf production. In the post-war period, the National Government re-divided the Ruisui Immigrant Village into four villages. At that time, the industry was still tobacco growing. However, in the 1980s, the tourism and boating industry on the Xiuguluan River emerged, which drove a rapid growth of the local economy. Most of the residential buildings have been converted into modern reinforced concrete buildings.