Ita Thao is located in Riyue Village, Yuchi Township, Nantou County. During the Japanese occupation period, it was called Buji or Huafanshe. After Taiwan's recovery, it was renamed Dehuashe. After the Thao became Taiwan's tenth officially recognized indigenous group in 2001, the word "Dehua", (short for "Dehuafan"), which implied full of authority and colonial superiority, was unfit and was renamed Ita Thao. However, the local Dehua Police Station and Dehua Elementary School still use the old names. After years of hard work by the Thao people, the Dehua Police Station was renamed Ita Thao Police Station on October 3, 2018, and the Dehua Elementary School was also renamed Ita Thao Elementary School on August 1, 2019.
In August of Meiji 42 (1909), Jiaobanshan A-grade Indigenous Children's Education Center was established, which was the predecessor of today’s Jieshou Elementary School. In September 1946, the original national language (Japanese) workshop was merged to establish the Jiaoban National School in Jiaoban Township, Hsinchu County. In October 1949, it was renamed Jiaoban National School, Jiaoban Township, Taoyuan County. In 1954, Jiaoban Township was renamed Fuxing Township, and the school name was also changed to Taoyuan County Fuxing Township Jieshou National School. In 1957, it cooperated with the implementation of nine-year compulsory national education and was renamed Jieshou National Elementary School. Jieshou Elementary School is in a remote area. The design of the campus is based on Atayal culture. Due to the special environment, special attention is paid to the integration of multi-ethnic groups and the implementation of multi-cultural views.
Dongguang Elementary School was founded in April of the 11th year of Taisho (1922), and it was named Yuchi Public School. It was a branch of another school and only has one school grade. In April 1941, it became an independent Dongguang Elementary School. In September 1959, the school implemented class separation. In 1968, the nine-year state education was implemented, and its name was changed to Dongguang National Elementary School. Due to changes in the social structure, large population exodus, and the impact of birth control policies, the number of students gradually decreased. During the 921-earthquake, Dongguang Elementary School was severely damaged. With the assistance of the Tzu Chi Cultural and Educational Foundation, it adopted the reconstruction project. The inauguration ceremony of the new school building was completed on November 24, 2001.
The Old Haocha Elementary School, located in Wutai Township, Pingtung County, is currently abandoned. The ceiling of the building collapsed, leaving only the walls, beams, pillars, and overgrown grass. During the Japanese occupation, the Government-General in Taiwan set up a police post and educational institution on the edge of the Old Haocha Village in the east with the aim to transfer tribal power through the entry of state power, and to become the main authority to manage the village. Also, to stabilize tribal governance through national education and teaching village children Japanese. In the post-war period, the National Government established independent villages based on each police post, and the original educational institute was restructured into the Haocha Public School.