Baling No. 2 Tunnel

Attractions along Jiaobanshan Sanxing Historic Trail

After entering the tunnel, on the right there is the Balong Tunnel, which was left fom the Japanese occupation period, that leads to the remains of the Balong Suspension Bridge. The Baling No. 2 Tunnel is connected to the Baling Bridge. In October 1914, the Japanese built the "Balong Suspension Bridge" here. In the 1960s, with the construction of the Northern Cross-island Highway, the suspension bridge was demolished and rebuilt into Balin Bridge. Later, due to the increasing traffic and that the road of Baling Bridge was not wide enough, which proned to traffic jams, a new Baling Bridge was built in 2005. The old Baling Bridge was turned into a pedestrian-only scenic bridge. The Baling No. 1 and No. 2 Tunnel that connect at both ends of the bridge are planned as Atayal Humanities Exhibition Hall, displaying Atayal paintings, traditional costumes and agricultural products.

  • - / -
  • - - -
  • -
  • - -/-
  • -
Baling No. 2 Tunnel Entrance
Baling No. 2 Tunnel Entrance
Baling No. 2 Tunnel Entrance