The image of a new community, Fuxing village, was taken from Tianleng. The path on the left side of the settlement is the forest railway that was used in the former Basianshan Forest Farm, leading to Basianshan.
Baxianshan Forest Farm was one of the three major forest farms in Taiwan during the Japanese occupation. The logging of the forests began in November of the 4th year of Taisho (1915). In the 5th year of Taisho (1916), the Forestry Bureau of the Taiwan Governor set up a Basianshan branch office in Jiabaotai that ministered to various businesses. Afterward, after various transfers, in Showa 17 (1942), Taiwan Takushu Co., Ltd. was transferred to become a government-business joint venture. After the war, the logging business continued in this field, and the production volume exceeded the sum of the Japanese occupation period by the mid-1950s. In 1963, the forest farm stopped production. At present, Basianshan is under the Dongshi Forest Area Management Office of the Forestry Bureau.
- - / -
- - - -
- - -/-